1. Damaris Lewis (born October 10, 1990) is an American model that appeared in the 2009, 2010, and 2011 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issues.
2. Lewis was discovered while performing with her childhood dance company Restoration Dance Theater at Chelsea Piers.
3. She decided to wait until her second year of high school before signing a contract with Elite Model Management.
4. Lewis has appeared in campaigns for Black/Up, Clarins, Tsumori Chisato, Victoria’s Secret s Pink line, and Yves Saint Laurent (brand).
5. She has done Editorial shoots for Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2009, 2010, 2011; Essence (magazine), French Marie Claire, Gala, Pride Magazine London, Trace (magazine), Uptown magazine, and Vibe Magazine.
6. She is known for having a short torso for her height. Ford, Innovative Artists, and Angels & Demons in France currently represent her.
7. Taking a step into entertainment arenas, Lewis appeared briefly in the 2011 movie Limitless, dancing in a club scene with Bradley Cooper.
8. She was selected by Nick Jonas and Modelinia to do a 3-day, feature style interview video set.
9. This gave her recognition from a wider audience and sparked an interest in interviewing and hosting.
10. Lewis hosted a special presentation for The Africa Channel entitled, Prince!
11. She appeared in the music video for Kanye West’s single “Monster”. After months of secret rehearsals, in May 2012, she got the chance to showcase some of the dancing talents she trained to do.
12. Famed musician Prince (musician) selected her as his Muse & Dancer during his Welcome 2 Australia Tour 2012 with The New Power Generation. Lewis continuing touring with Prince & NPG for his 2012 Welcome to Chicago Tour, appeared with the band on Jimmy Kimmel live, and served as his muse for his closing show at SXSW 2013 in Austin Texas.
13. Her love for basketball and the world of fashion motivated her to launch the personal blog, Heels to Hoops. The blog, which she started just before the 2012 NBA Playoffs, featured key NBA game followups, interviews with celebrities and sports figures, and followed her behind the scenes on Australian tour dates.
14. She accompanied Kate Upton at a Los Angeles Clippers game when Upton was filmed doing a rendition of the Dougie dance that went viral.
15. Lewis starred in the high impact promo and lead-in video that kicked off the 2013 NBA All-Star Game played in Houston, Texas.