1. Katherine Litwack known professionally as Kat Dennings, is an American actress.
2. Since 2011, she stars alongside Beth Behrs in the CBS sitcom 2 Broke Girls.
3. Dennings was born and raised in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania. and her father, Gerald J. Litwack, is a molecular pharmacologist, and college professor and chairman.
4. Dennings is the youngest of five children, including an older brother, Geoffrey S. Litwack.
5. She adopted the surname “Dennings” as her professional name when she was younger.
6. In 2002, Dennings appeared in the Disney Channel film The Scream Team as a teenager who stumbles into a group of ghosts.
7. Dennings continued working on television, guest-starring on Without a Trace as a teen whose boyfriend goes missing, and on Less than Perfect in 2003.
8. In February 2004, she was cast in a pilot for CBS titled Sudbury, about a family of modern-day witches, based on the 1998 film Practical Magic, but the series was not picked up. Dennings had a recurring role on ER from 2005 to 2006 as Zoe Butler, and guest-starred in the CSI franchise twice: first on CSI itself, as Missy Wilson, in the 2004 episode “Early Rollout”.
9. Dennings starred in Charlie Bartlett in 2008, the story of a wealthy teenager who acts as a psychiatrist for his new public high school.
10. Actors Sam Rockwell and Josh Hartnett were involved, but the project was not greenlit because of its controversial subject matter of nuclear war.
11. Robert Rodriguez directed the video, which was filmed in various locations around Austin.
12. Dennings was part of the cast of the Marvel Studios film Thor, released in May 2011, and directed by Kenneth Branagh.
13. Dennings began starring in 2 Broke Girls in 2011, a CBS sitcom written and produced by Michael Patrick King and comedian Whitney Cummings.
14. Beth Behrs co-stars as a Manhattan heiress who lost her inheritance, while Dennings plays a tough outspoken girl from Brooklyn.
15. Dennings starred in Day One in 2012, with Chad Michael Murray and Rupert Friend.
16. She played Renee Yohe, a Florida teenager who struggled with substance abuse and self-injury, and who inspired the founding of the nonprofit organization To Write Love on Her Arms.