1. He also played Roy Walker/the Masked Bandit in the 2006 film The Fall.
2. He has appeared in film series, including The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 as Garrett and The Hobbit trilogy as Thranduil.
3. He played villain Ronan the Accuser in the film Guardians of the Galaxy, and starred as Ned in the ABC series Pushing Daisies for which he was nominated for the Golden Globe Award and Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series in 2008.
4. Pace was born in Chickasha, Oklahoma, the son of Charlotte , a schoolteacher, and James Roy Pace, an engineer.
5. He has two siblings, a sister named Sally and a younger brother named Willam Pace. As a child, Pace spent several years in Saudi Arabia, where his father worked in the oil business; the family later moved to Houston, Texas.
6. Pace attended Klein High School in Spring, Texas, a suburb of Houston, with future fellow actor Matt Bomer.
7. After graduation, Pace starred in several off-Broadway plays, including The Credeaux Canvas and The Fourth Sister.
8. Pace has been cast as composer Vincenzo Bellini in Golden Age, which began previews November 15, 2012.
9. The play, written by Terrence McNally, began its official run at the Manhattan Theatre Club December 4, 2012.
10. Pace first gained recognition for his role in the 2003 film Soldier’s Girl, based on real events, in which he played the central role of Calpernia Addams.
11. Of the role, Pace has said “Not even my excellent training at Juilliard prepared me for my first movie role, where I played a transsexual who falls in love with a military guy in Soldier’s Girl.
12. Here I was, this 6′3″, 190 pound, lanky kid from Chickasha, Oklahoma, not knowing how to begin being a woman.
13. So I saw documentaries about transsexuals, I lost twenty-five pounds, and I put on prosthetic boobs and hips to become that character.
14. There were times I’d look in the mirror and wonder, ‘What am I doing to my life here?
15. My dad is going to kill me!’ But the reason I went into acting was to be able to play parts as complicated and important as this one.
16. In playing a transsexual, I got the chance to help change people’s perspective about other people, and that is a powerful thing.