1. He later starred in the reality television series Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica with his then-wife, Jessica Simpson.
2. He is also known for his recurring role as Leslie St. Claire on the television series Charmed.
3. In the fall of 1992, he enrolled as a freshman at the University of Southern California, according to a statement he made during his guest appearance on The Arsenio Hall Show on December 12, 2013.
4. Lachey started his professional singing career at Kings Island with friend Justin Jeffre in the mid-1990s singing in a group quartet throughout the park. Lachey was a member of boyband 98 Degrees along with his brother, Drew, Justin Jeffre, and Jeff Timmons.
5. 98 Degrees performed a one-off summer reunion show in Hershey, Philadelphia at the Summer Mixtape Festival on August 18, 2012, their first concert in more than a decade.
6. During the summer of 2003, the reality show, Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica, starring Lachey and then-wife Jessica Simpson began airing on MTV.
7. The couple starred in the television special The Nick and Jessica Variety Hour, which aired in 2004 and was compared to The Sonny & Cher Show. Despite being released during the success of Newlyweds, the album was a commercial failure.
8. The album was certified Gold, after selling more than 500,000 copies domestically.
9. The song became a hit, reaching a peak position of number six on the Billboard Hot 100.
10. Lachey recorded “Ordinary Day” for the Oprah Winfrey-produced film, For One More Day.
11. Lachey began working on his third solo album in 2007. Lachey also starred in a well known TV series, One Tree Hill, as a singer at Red Bedroom Productions.
12. It was announced in January 2010 that Jive Records had put his new album on hold indefinitely. In June 2010, Lachey confirmed that he had parted ways with Jive Records.
13. Taking the Stage, a musical reality show documenting the lives of high school students at the School for Creative and Performing Arts, premiered on MTV in March 2009.
14. Lachey was a contestant in the NBC celebrity reality competition series called Stars Earn Stripes.
15. On January 16, 2014, VH1 announced Lachey would resume hosting Big Morning Buzz Live, upon its return on March 3, 2014.
16. Lachey is also a die-hard Cincinnati Bengals, Cincinnati Reds, and Cincinnati Bearcats fan. On April 7, 2009, Lachey threw out the ceremonial first pitch for the MLB Opening Day game in Cincinnati, Ohio.
17. On July 9, 2011 Lachey sang the National Anthem for the inaugural NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Kentucky Speedway in Sparta, Kentucky.
18. Lachey was born in Harlan, Kentucky, the son of Cate and John Lachey. In December 1998, Lachey and fellow singer Jessica Simpson were introduced by their shared manager at a Christmas event.
19. They subsequently began dating after meeting again at a Teen People event in January 1999, but broke up for five months beginning in April 2001 until getting back together following the 9/11 attacks. In November 2005, after months of tabloid speculation, Lachey and Simpson announced they were separating.