1. She is known for her roles as Dr. Elizabeth Corday on the NBC medical drama ER and as River Song in the BBC science fiction series Doctor Who.
2. Kingston was inspired to pursue acting by one of her teachers at Rosebery School for Girls.
3. Kingston auditioned and performed in the Surrey County Youth Theatre production of Tom Jones as Mrs Fitzpatrick, alongside Sean Pertwee as Captain Fitzpatrick and Thwackum played by Tom Davison.
4. She later completed a three-year programme at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art and went on to join the Royal Shakespeare Company.
5. Kingston has appeared in a number of British-produced television dramas, including Grange Hill, Crocodile Shoes, The Fortunes and Misfortunes of Moll Flanders, The Knock and a guest role on The Bill.
6. In September 1997, Kingston gained North American television fame after being cast on the long-running medical drama ER.
7. Her first appearance was in the premiere of the fourth season, the award-winning live episode “Ambush”, as British surgeon Elizabeth Corday.
8. Kingston played this role for just over seven seasons, leaving in October 2004 with the season 11 episode, “Fear”.
9. In spring 2009, Kingston returned to ER during its 15th and final season for two episodes, “Dream Runner” and the two-hour series finale, “And in the End…”.
10. In November 2005, Kingston guest-starred in the long-running mystery drama Without a Trace in the season 4 episode, “Viuda Negra”.
11. She played Lucy Costin, a wealthy vacationer from the U.S. whose husband is kidnapped by a Mexican street gang during their honeymoon.
12. In 2008, Kingston guest-starred in the fourth series of the long-running science fiction television programme Doctor Who in the two-part story “Silence in the Library”/”Forest of the Dead” as River Song.
13. Kingston says she thought her role was simply a one-off, but was delighted that she would be a returning character. Kingston returned as the character in the 2015 Christmas special, “The Husbands of River Song”.
14. In October that same year, Kingston appeared in the police procedural drama CSI: Crime Scene Investigation in the season 9 episode, “Art Imitates Life” as Patricia Alwick, a psychiatrist and grief counsellor who helps the team cope with the recent death of CSI member Warrick Brown.
15. In February 2009, Kingston portrayed Miranda Pond, a defence attorney in two episodes of the legal drama Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
16. This guest spot reunited Kingston with her former cast mate from ER, Mariska Hargitay.
17. In June, Kingston starred as the lead character Ellie Lagden, one of four former convicts in the BBC One drama series Hope Springs until its cancellation in July.
18. In September that year, she had a recurring role in FlashForward, playing Inspector Fiona Banks.
19. In 2010, Kingston returned to Law & Order: Special Victims Unit in the season 12 episode, “Trophy”, which reunited Kingston with her former ER castmate Maria Bello.