1. Nikki Amuka-Bird is a Nigerian-born British actress of the stage, television and film.
2. Was born in Delta, Nigeria, where her father still lives.
3. She left there as a young child with her mother and was brought up in England and in Antigua.
4. Attending boarding-school in Britain, Amuka-Bird originally hoped to be a dancer.
5. “I hurt my back and at that point was deciding what to do university-wise and I thought I would try for drama college because I knew you could do some dancing there but it didn’t have to take over everything.
6. It was only really when I went to drama college that that world
7. In 2003, Amuka-Bird married actor Geoffrey Streatfeild, whom she met while touring with the RSC in Japan.