1. Cooper was born and brought up in Greenwich, London, His maternal great-grandfather was film enthusiast E. T. Heron, who published The Kinematograph Weekly.
2. He attended the Thomas Tallis School in Kidbrooke, London, and trained at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art , graduating in 2000.
3. In 2008, he appeared as Sky in Mamma Mia!, in which he sang several songs.
4. Initially appearing in the film Captain America: The First Avenger, he reprised his role in the Marvel One-Shot Agent Carter two years later, and in the television series of the same name in 2015 and 2016.
5. In 2012 he appeared as vampire Henry Sturges in Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter and in 2014, he portrayed the main antagonist in two films: Dino Brewster in Need for Speed and Mehmed in Dracula Untold. Cooper depicted James Bond author Ian Fleming in the television mini-series Fleming: The Man Who Would Be Bond in 2014.
6. The next year, Cooper appeared in two films, Miss You Already and The Lady in the Van.
7. Cooper was nominated for a 2006 Drama Desk Award for his work on the Broadway production of The History Boys.
8. He was nominated for the Most Promising Newcomer award at the 2006 British Independent Film Awards for his work on the film version of The History Boys.
9. Cooper shared a house, for a time, with his co-star in The History Boys, James Corden, until Corden started a family with his wife.