1. She began her career as a teenager in London, hosting the Saturday Disney morning show from 1993 to 1995.
2. Ejogo has appeared as civil rights activist Coretta Scott King in two films: Boycott .
3. While preparing for the role in Boycott, she met with King
4. Born on 1 January 1973 and raised in London, Ejogo is the daughter of Elizabeth and Charles Ejogo. She attended the Oratory Primary Roman Catholic primary school in Chelsea until 1984.
5. Ejogo was briefly married to hip-hop artist Tricky. In 2000, she married American actor Jeffrey Wright, whom she met while making the HBO film Boycott.
6. They have a son . She currently lives in Brooklyn, New York.
7. Ejogo has been involved in the music industry, having collaborated with several artists since the 1990s.
8. Ejogo also sang vocals and duets with ex-husband Tricky on a song called “Slowly”.
9. Aside from “Candles”, Ejogo appears on four songs of the Sparkle original soundtrack album from the movie of the same name, singing lead on “Yes I Do” , and lead vocals with Jordin Sparks and Tika Sumpter singing backup on “Jump”, “Hooked On Your Love” and “Something He Can Feel”.