1. He wrote the script for the 2008 science fiction legal thriller InAlienable.
2. Koenig was born in Chicago, إلينوي, the son of businessman Isadore Koenig and his wife Sarah . They moved to Manhattan when Walter was a child, where he went to school.
3. He transferred to UCLA and received a Bachelor of Arts in psychology.
4. After a professor encouraged Koenig to become an actor, he attended the Neighborhood Playhouse with fellow students Dabney Coleman, Christopher Lloyd, and James Caan.
5. I was only one of two people who auditioned for the part, which is quite extraordinary.
6. Considering that this has so materially affected the last 35 years of my life … a couple of hours after I auditioned I heard that I had gotten the role.
7. Koenig played Ensign Pavel Chekov, navigator on the USS Enterprise, in the original Star Trek television series .
8. One of only two actors to audition, he was cast as Chekov almost immediately primarily because of his resemblance to British actor/musician Davy Jones of the Monkees.
9. In later episodes, his own hair grew out enough to accomplish the look with a comb-over. Roddenberry asked him to “ham up” his Russian accent to add a note of comic relief to the series.