1. Kanye Omari West je americký umělec nahrávky, songwriter, record producer, fashion designer, and founder of the record label GOOD Music and creative content company DONDA.
2. He is among the most successful and acclaimed musicians of the 21st century, and has attracted both praise and controversy for his outspoken public persona.
3. Raised in Chicago, West first became known as a producer for Roc-A-Fella Records in the early 2000s, producing hit singles for musical artists such as Jay-Z and Alicia Keys before pursing a solo career as a rapper.
4. He released his debut album The College Dropout in 2004 to widespread commercial and critical acclaim, and would go on to explore a variety of different styles and musical genres on subsequent albums that include the baroque-inspired Late Registration .
5. Along with critical praise and commercial success, West soon also became a frequent source of controversy as a result of his outspoken public appearances and unruly award show conduct.
6. In 2010, he released the critically acclaimed My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, and in 2011 he collaborated with Jay-Z on Watch the Throne and pursued several projects surrounding his GOOD Music label.
7. In 2013, he released his abrasive sixth album, Yeezus, and the following year he married American television personality Kim Kardashian.
8. Over the course of his career, West has also collaborated with a range of figures in fashion and the visual arts.
9. His work as a designer includes multiple collaborations with brands such Nike, Louis Vuitton, A.P.C., and Adidas, and has most recently resulted in the Yeezy Season clothing lines.
10. West is one of the best-selling artists of all time, having sold more than 21 million albums and 100 million digital downloads. Time named West one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2005 and 2015.
11. He has also been included in a number of Forbes annual lists.
12. Kanye Omari West was born on June 8, 1977 in Atlanta, Georgia. His father, Ray West, is a former Black Panther and was one of the first black photojournalists at The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
13. West was raised in a middle-class background, attending Polaris High School At the age of 10, West moved with his mother to Nanjing, China, where she was teaching at Nanjing University as part of an exchange program.
14. West demonstrated an affinity for the arts at an early age; he began writing poetry when he was five years old. Growing up in the city, West became deeply involved in its hip hop scene.
15. He started rapping in the third grade and began making musical compositions in the seventh grade, eventually selling them to other artists. At age thirteen, West wrote a rap song called “Green Eggs and Ham” and began to persuade his mother to pay $25 an hour for time in a recording studio.