1. She is mostly known for playing the lead in Black Book .
2. Hänen äitinsä, Margje Stasse, is on the board of Dutch educational TV, ja hänen isänsä, Theodore van Houten , was a writer and broadcaster.
3. He raised Carice with many silent movies, and during a Dutch interview she professed to prefer playing scenes without dialogue. She has a younger sister, Jelka van Houten, joka on myös näyttelijä.
4. Van Houten studied briefly at the Maastricht Academy of Dramatic Arts but continued her professional education after one year at the Kleinkunstacademie in Amsterdam.
5. She also won the Pisuisse Award and the Top Naeff Award for her stage acting and another Golden Calf for her part as the kitten that becomes a girl in Undercover Kitty .
6. Van Houten won a Golden Calf for her performance as Rachel Stein in the 2006 film Black Book at the Netherlands Film Festival.
7. Joulukuussa 2006, Van Houten withdrew from a theatre production of Alex van Warmerdam due to personal reasons.
8. Tässä 2008 she starred in the non-commercial short movie Zingen in het donker , a drama on domestic violence.
9. She appeared in the magazine Vanity Fair in the issue for March 2008, photographed by Wayne Maser.
10. Tässä 2008, Van Houten had a role opposite Leonardo DiCaprio in Body of Lies but her scenes did not make the final cut of the movie.
11. Jäsenen 4 Lokakuuta 2008 filming began on From Time To Time directed by Julian Fellowes.
12. Huhtikuussa 2009, it was announced that Van Houten would star in Black Death by UK director Christopher Smith and in the highly anticipated Dutch film Komt een vrouw bij de dokter , based on the celebrated novel of the same name by Ray Kluun.
13. Marraskuun lopulla 2012, the video for “Particle of Light”, the second single from her album, “See You on the Ice”, debuted on YouTube.