1. Jessica Phyllis Lange is an American actress who has worked in film, theater and television.
2. Lange was discovered by producer Dino De Laurentiis while modeling part-time for the Wilhelmina modelling agency.
3. She made her professional film debut in his 1976 remake of the 1933 action-adventure classic King Kong, for which she won her first Golden Globe Award.
4. Dans 1982, she became the first performer in forty years she won her second Golden Globe Award and the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role as a soap opera star in Tootsie and was also nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actress for her portrayal of the troubled actress Frances Farmer, in Frances.
5. She made her Broadway debut playing Blanche DuBois in the 1992 revival of A Streetcar Named Desire, and made her West End debut in her reprise of that role in 1996.
6. In addition to acting, Lange is a photographer with two published works. Dans 2014, Marc Jacobs chose her to be the premiere model of his new high-end beauty line, Marc Jacobs Beauty.
7. Her family moved over a dozen times to various towns and cities in Minnesota before settling back down in her hometown, where she graduated from Cloquet High School.
8. Dans 1967, she received an art scholarship to study art and photography at the University of Minnesota where she met and began dating Spanish photographer, Paco Grande. The couple then moved to Paris, France, where they drifted apart.
9. While in Paris, Lange studied mime theatre under a supervision of Étienne Decroux, and joined the Opéra-Comique as a dancer.
10. While sharing an apartment with Jerry Hall and Grace Jones, elle a été découverte par l'illustrateur de mode Antonio Lopez et est devenu par la suite un modèle pour l'agence de mannequins Wilhelmina.