1. Dans 1998, Williams won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his performance as Dr. Sean Maguire in Good Will Hunting.
2. He also received two Primetime Emmy Awards, six Golden Globe Awards, two Screen Actors Guild Awards, and four Grammy Awards throughout his career, and was inducted as a Disney Legend in 2009.
3. Williams attended public elementary school at Gorton Elementary School , both in Lake Forest, Illinois.
4. He described himself as a quiet and shy child who did not overcome his shyness until he became involved with his high school drama department. In late 1963, when Williams was twelve, his father was transferred to Detroit.
5. When Williams was 16, his father took early retirement and the family moved to Tiburon, California. Following the move, Williams attended Redwood High School in nearby Larkspur.
6. At the time of his graduation in 1969, he was voted “Most Likely Not to Succeed” and “Funniest” by his classmates.
7. Dans 1973, Williams attained a full scholarship to the Juilliard School in New York City.
8. He was one of only 20 students accepted into the freshman class and one of only two students to be accepted by John Houseman into the Advanced Program at the school that year; the other was Christopher Reeve.
9. William Hurt and Mandy Patinkin were also classmates. Reeve remembered his first impression of Williams when they were two new students at Juilliard: “He wore tie-dyed shirts with track suit bottoms and talked a mile a minute.
10. He was like an untied balloon that had been inflated and immediately released.