1. Dans 2010, Stone starred in the comedy Easy A, for which she received a nomination for the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Musical or Comedy.
2. In November 2014, she made her Broadway debut as Sally Bowles in the musical Cabaret, which she performed until February 2015.
3. Stone attended Sequoya Elementary School and then Cocopah Middle School for the sixth grade.
4. She was homeschooled for two years, during which time she appeared in sixteen productions at Phoenix’s Valley Youth Theatre, including The Princess and the Pea, Alice in Wonderland, and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat,
5. There was already a listing for an “Emily Stone” when she registered for the Screen Actors Guild, so she chose “Emma” as her stage name but her family and friends call her Emily.
6. Stone made her television debut as Laurie Partridge on the VH1 talent competition reality show In Search of the New Partridge Family , only produced an unsold pilot.
7. Afterwards, Stone guest-starred in a number of television series including Medium, Malcolm in the Middle and Lucky Louie.
8. She auditioned to star as Claire Bennet in the NBC science fiction drama Heroes and overheard in the casting room “On a scale of 1 to 10, you are an 11” – but the casting directors were referring to Hayden Panettiere, who was cast instead.
9. Stone called this experience “rock bottom”. In April 2007, she went on to star as Violet Trimble in the Fox action drama Drive created by Tim Minear and Ben Queen, but the show was canceled after seven episodes.
10. The following year, she co-starred with Rainn Wilson, Christina Applegate and Teddy Geiger in the comedy The Rocker , directed by Peter Cattaneo, where she played Amelia Stone, the bass guitarist in a band featuring Geiger.