1. Charles Robert Redford Jr. , known professionally as Robert Redford, is an American actor, director, producer, businessman, environmentalist, and philanthropist.
2. He has received two Academy Awards: one in 1981 for directing Ordinary People, and one for Lifetime Achievement in 2002.
3. He earned an Emmy nomination as Best Supporting Actor for his performance in The Voice of Charlie Pont .
4. Son rôle dans Inside Daisy Clover lui a valu un Golden Globe de la meilleure nouvelle star.
5. He starred in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid , which was a huge success and made him a major star.
6. Dans 1972, he had a critical and box office hit with Jeremiah Johnson , and in 1973 had the biggest hit of his career, the blockbuster crime caper The Sting, for which he was also nominated for an Academy Award.
7. The first film he directed, Ordinary People , was one of the most critically and publicly acclaimed films of the decade, winning four Oscars.
8. He released his third film as a director, A River Runs Through It, in 1992.
9. In April 2014, Time magazine included Redford in its annual TIME 100 as one of the “Most Influential People in the World”, declaring him the “Godfather of Indie Film”.
10. After high school, he attended the University of Colorado for a year and a half, While at Colorado, Redford began drinking heavily, and as a result lost his scholarship and was kicked out of school.
11. Later he traveled in Europe, living in France, Spain, and Italy.
12. Dans 1960, Redford was cast as Danny Tilford, a mentally disturbed young man trapped in the wreckage of his family garage, in “Breakdown”, one of the last episodes of the syndicated adventure series, Rescue 8, starring Jim Davis and Lang Jeffries.