1. She rose to prominence in 2000 for playing Penny Lane in Almost Famous, for which she won a Golden Globe and was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress.
2. Her other films include How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days .
3. She played Cassandra July in the musical comedy-drama TV series Glee.
4. Hudson also co-founded Fabletics, a fitness brand and membership program operated by JustFab.
5. Hudson was born in Los Angeles, California, the daughter of Academy Award–winning actress Goldie Hawn and Bill Hudson, an actor, comedian, and musician.
6. She was accepted to New York University but chose to pursue an acting career instead of an undergraduate degree.
7. Dans 2002, she starred in the remake of the historical romance The Four Feathers, which was panned by critics and audiences.
8. Her next film, the romantic comedy How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, was a box office success, Box-Office au cours $100 millions après son Février 2003 release.
9. Hudson subsequently appeared in several romantic comedies, including Alex and Emma and Raising Helen; the films met with varying degrees of success.
10. The film, qui avait un budget de production de $43 million, enjoyed box office success, Box-Office au cours $91.9 million worldwide .
11. Hudson next appeared in the musical film Nine, alongside Daniel Day-Lewis, Marion Cotillard, Penélope Cruz, Nicole Kidman, and Judi Dench.
12. Hudson was critically acclaimed for her dancing skills, showcased in a 1960s-inspired original piece called “Cinema Italiano”, which was written specifically for her character.