1. Clinton “Clint” Eastwood Jr. is an American actor, film director, producer, musician, and political figure.
2. These roles, among others, have made him an enduring cultural icon of masculinity.
3. For his work in the Western film Unforgiven , Eastwood won Academy Awards for Best Director and Producer of the Best Picture, as well as receiving nominations for Best Actor.
4. In addition to directing many of his own star vehicles, Eastwood has also directed films in which he did not appear, such as the mystery drama Mystic River .
5. Le drame de guerre biopic records au box-office américain set Sniper pour le plus grand jamais sortie Janvier et a aussi été la plus grande ouverture jamais pour un film Eastwood.
6. Dans 2000, he was awarded the Italian Venice Film Festival Golden Lion for lifetime achievement.
7. Since 1967, Eastwood has run his own production company, Malpaso, which has produced all except four of his American films.
8. From 1986 to 1988, he served as the nonpartisan mayor of Carmel-by-the-Sea, California.
9. He worked at a number of jobs, including lifeguard, paper carrier, grocery clerk, forest firefighter, and golf caddy.
10. He finally received his break in the role of Rowdy Yates for the CBS hour-long western series Rawhide in the summer of 1958, although he was not especially happy with his role.
11. Eastwood, then 28, felt his character Rowdy was too young and cloddish for him to feel comfortable with the part. et après que sa sortie a eu seulement trois semaines pour atteindre le sommet 20 dans l'audimat.
12. He often filmed for six days a week at an average of twelve hours a day, yet some directors still criticized him for not working hard enough. By late 1963 Rawhide′s popularity had declined.