1. It sold 20 million copies worldwide, spawning hits such as “Any Man of Mine” and earning her a Grammy Award.
2. I Feel Like a Woman!”, and earned Twain four Grammy Awards.
3. Altogether, Twain is ranked as the 10th best-selling artist of the Nielsen SoundScan era.
4. Dans 2004, Twain retired from performing and retreated to her home in Switzerland. When both her singing and speaking were affected, Twain consulted the Vanderbilt Dayani Center in Nashville.
5. Specialists discovered lesions on her vocal cords and diagnosed her with dysphonia, all treatable with careful rehabilitation. Dans 2012, Twain returned to the concert stage in her critically acclaimed show Still the One, exclusively at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace.
6. Dans 2015, Twain returned to the road for what she is billed as her farewell tour.
7. The Rock This Country tour kicked off on June 5, 2015 in Seattle, Washington and ran through October 27, 2015 in Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada.
8. Twain was born Eilleen Regina Edwards in Windsor, Ontario on August 28, 1965, la fille de Sharon et Clarence Edwards.
9. Her parents divorced when she was two and her mother then moved to Timmins, Ontario with Eilleen and her sisters Jill and Carrie Ann.
10. Sharon married Jerry Twain, an Ojibwa from the nearby Mattagami First Nation, and they had a son together, Mark.
11. Jerry adopted the girls, legally changing their last name to Twain.
12. Her parents earned little money and food was often scarce in their household.
13. Twain did not confide her situation to school authorities, fearing they might break up the family.