1. Brad Douglas Paisley is an American country music singer and songwriter.
2. Starting with his 1999 debut album, Who Needs Pictures, he has released 10 studio albums and a Christmas compilation on the Arista Nashville label, with all of his albums certified Gold or higher by the RIAA. He has scored 32 Top 10 singles on the U.S. Billboard Country Airplay chart, 19 of which have reached #1.
3. He set a new record in 2009 pour la plupart des célibataires consécutifs atteignant la première place sur ce tableau.
4. Paisley has sold over 12 million albums and won three Grammy Awards, 14 Academy of Country Music Awards, 14 Country Music Association Awards, and two American Music Awards.
5. Brad Paisley also wrote a few songs for the Pixar Animation Studios Walt Disney Pictures Cars .
6. He is the only child of Douglas Edward “Doug” Paisley, who worked for the West Virginia Department of Transportation, and Sandra Jean “Sandy” Paisley, a teacher. He was raised in Glen Dale, West Virginia.
7. He has stated that his love of country music stems from his maternal grandfather, Warren Jarvis, who gave him his first guitar, a Sears Danelectro Silvertone, and taught him how to play at 8 years old.
8. At 10, he performed for the first time in public by singing in his church.
9. While in junior high, his principal heard him perform “Born On Christmas Day” and invited him to play at the local Rotary Club meeting.
10. In attendance was Tom Miller, the program director of a radio station in Wheeling, West Virginia.
11. For the next eight years, he opened for country singers such as The Judds, Ricky Skaggs and George Jones.
12. He would become the youngest person inducted into the Jamboree USA Hall of Fame.
13. Paisley graduated from John Marshall High School in Glen Dale, West Virginia, in 1991, and then studied for 2 years at West Liberty State College in West Liberty, West Virginia.
14. He was awarded a fully paid ASCAP scholarship to Belmont University in Nashville, Tennessee, where he majored in music business and received a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from the Mike Curb School of Music Business in 1995. He interned at ASCAP, Atlantic Records, and the Fitzgerald-Hartley management firm.