1. Kevin Michael Costner est un acteur américain, film director, producer, musician, and singer.
2. He has won two Academy Awards, three Golden Globe Awards, and one Emmy Award, et a été nominé pour trois BAFTA Awards.
3. He won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie, the Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Miniseries or Television Film, and the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Miniseries or Television Movie for his role as Devil Anse Hatfield in Hatfields & McCoys .
4. Costner was born in Lynwood, California and grew up in Compton, California.
5. Rather, he enjoyed sports, took piano lessons, wrote poetry, and sang in the First Baptist Choir.
6. Whitney High School, and then Ventura, graduating from Villa Park High School in 1973.
7. He went on to earn a BA in marketing and finance from California State University, Fullerton en 1978. While at CSUF, he was a fraternity brother in Delta Chi.
8. Costner became interested in acting while in his last year of college, and on graduation married Cindy Silva.
9. The couple honeymooned in Puerto Vallarta and on the return plane journey had a chance encounter with actor and fellow passenger Richard Burton, who had purchased all the seats around him for solitude.
10. Burton agreed to speak to Costner after he finished his book.
11. Costner, who had been taking acting classes, but had not told his wife about his desire to be an actor, watched Burton closely and approached when Burton gestured.
12. Costner told Burton that he would prefer that his life was not filled with the type of drama that had followed Burton and asked if he would have to tolerate that if he became an actor.
13. Costner would never see Burton again, but credits Burton with partially contributing to his career.
14. Having agreed to undertake a job as a marketing executive on return, Costner began taking acting lessons five nights a week, with the support of his wife. His marketing job lasted 30 days.