1. Eugene Allen “Gene” Hackman est un acteur à la retraite et romancier américain.
2. In a career spanning five decades, Hackman has been nominated for five Academy Awards, winning two for best actor in The French Connection and best supporting actor in Unforgiven.
3. In addition, Hackman has won three Golden Globes and two BAFTAs.
4. He first came to fame in 1967 with his performance as Buck Barrow in Bonnie and Clyde.
5. Hackman was born in San Bernardino, California, le fils d'Anna Lyda Elizabeth et Eugene Ezra Hackman. He has a brother, Richard.
6. Gene lived briefly in Storm Lake, Iowa and spent his sophomore year at Storm Lake High School. He was stationed in China .
7. When the Communist Revolution was victorious in 1949, Hackman was stationed in Hawaii and Japan.
8. After his discharge, he moved to New York, working in several minor jobs.
9. Dans 1956, Hackman began pursuing an acting career; he joined the Pasadena Playhouse in California. Determined to prove them wrong, Hackman moved to New York City.
10. A 2004 article in Vanity Fair described how Hackman, Hoffman and Robert Duvall were all struggling California born actors and close friends, sharing apartments in various two-person combinations while living in New York City in the 1960s. Hackman was working as a doorman when he ran into an instructor whom he had despised at the Pasadena Playhouse.
11. The three former roommates have since earned 19 Academy Award nominations for acting, with five wins.
12. Hackman got various bit roles, for example on the TV series Route 66 in 1963, and began performing in several Off-Broadway plays.
13. Dans 1964, he had an offer to co-star in the play Any Wednesday with actress Sandy Dennis.
14. Dans 1967, Hackman appeared in an episode of the television series The Invaders entitled The Spores.
15. Dans 1968, he appeared in an episode of I Spy, in the role of “Hunter”, in the episode “Happy Birthday…