1. Matthew Raymond “Matt” Dillon est un acteur et réalisateur américain.
2. Matt Dillon made his feature film debut in Over the Edge .
3. From the late 1980s onward, Dillon achieved further success, starring in such films as Drugstore Cowboy .
4. In a 1991 article, famed movie critic Roger Ebert referred to him as the best actor within his age group, along with Sean Penn.
5. In the 2000s, he made his directing debut with City of Ghosts .
6. Dillon was born in New Rochelle, New York, the son of Mary Ellen, a homemaker, and Paul Dillon, a portrait painter and sales manager for Union Camp, a packing material manufacturer. Dillon is the second of six children; he has one sister and four brothers, one of whom, Kevin Dillon, is also an actor.
7. He is of mostly Irish descent, with some Scottish and German ancestry.
8. Dans 1978, Jane Bernstein and a friend were helping director Jonathan Kaplan cast the violent teen drama Over the Edge when they found Dillon cutting class at Hommocks Middle School in Larchmont.
9. In the early 1980s, Dillon also had prominent roles in three adaptations of S. E. Hinton novels: Tex .
10. The Outsiders and Rumble Fish had Dillon working with Francis Ford Coppola and Diane Lane.
11. He made his Broadway debut with the play The Boys of Winter in 1985.
12. Dillon did voiceover work in the 1987 documentary film Dear America: Letters Home from Vietnam.
13. Also in 1987, Dillon appeared as a policeman in the video to The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl video Fairytale of New York.
14. Dillon continued to work in the early 1990s with roles in movies like Singles .
15. Dans 2002, he wrote and directed the film City of Ghosts, starring himself, James Caan and Gérard Depardieu.
16. Dans 2005, he starred in Factotum, a film adaptation of an autobiographical work by Charles Bukowski.
17. Two years later he received critical praise and earned Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe and Academy Award nominations for his role in Crash, a film co-written and directed by Paul Haggis.