1. Pierce Brendan Brosnan est un acteur irlandais, film producer and environmentalist who after leaving comprehensive school at age 16, began training in commercial illustration.
2. He then went on to train at the Drama Centre in London for three years.
3. Following a stage acting career he rose to popularity in the television series Remington Steele , which blended the genres of romantic comedy, drama, and detective procedural.
4. After Remington Steele, Brosnan appeared in films such as the Cold War spy film The Fourth Protocol .
5. Dans 1994, he became the fifth actor to portray secret agent James Bond in the Eon Productions film series, starring in four films from 1995 to 2002 .
6. He lent his likeness for Bond in the video games James Bond 007: Nightfire and James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing, providing his voice too for the latter.
7. After leaving the role of Bond, he has starred in such films as the dark comedy The Matador .
8. Dans 1996, along with Beau St. Clair, Brosnan formed Irish DreamTime, a Los Angeles-based production company. In later years, he has become known for his charitable work and environmental activism.
9. He was married to Australian actress Cassandra Harris from 1980 until her death in 1991.
10. He married American journalist and author Keely Shaye Smith in 2001, and became an American citizen in 2004.
11. Brosnan was born in Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital in Drogheda, County Louth, Ireland, the only child of Thomas Brosnan, a carpenter, and May .
12. When he was four years old, his mother moved to London to work as a nurse.
13. From that point on, he was largely brought up by his grandparents, Philip and Kathleen Smith.
14. After their deaths, he lived with an aunt and then an uncle, but was subsequently sent to live in a boarding house run by a woman named Eileen.
15. He was educated at Elliott School, now known as Ark Putney Academy, a coeducational secondary school with academy status in South West London.
16. And they make you feel it; the British have a wonderful way of doing that, and I had a certain deep sense of being an outsider.”
17. It was a stepping stone into another life, away from a life that I had, and acting was something I was good at, something which was appreciated.