1. Ronald William “Ron” Howard is an American film director, producer, and actor, best known for playing two high-profile roles in television sitcoms in his childhood and early adulthood, and for directing a number of successful feature films later in his career.
2. He first came to prominence playing young Opie Taylor in the sitcom The Andy Griffith Show for eight years, and later teenager Richie Cunningham in the sitcom Happy Days for six years. Meanwhile, he appeared in the musical film The Music Man , which he also directed.
3. Dans 2002, Howard conceived the Fox/Netflix comedy series Arrested Development, on which he would also serve as producer and narrator, and play a semi-fictionalized version of himself.
4. Dans 2003, Howard was awarded the National Medal of Arts. Asteroid 12561 Howard is named after him.
5. Howard also has two stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for his contributions in the television and motion pictures industries.
6. They rented a house on the block south of the Desilu Studios, where The Andy Griffith Show would later be filmed.
7. They lived in Hollywood for at least three years, before moving to Burbank.
8. Howard was tutored at Desilu Studios in his younger years, and graduated from John Burroughs High School.
9. Howard has said he knew from a young age he might want to go into directing thanks to his early experience as an actor.
10. Dans 1959, Howard had his first credited film role, in The Journey.
11. Dans 1960, Howard was cast as Opie Taylor in The Andy Griffith Show.
12. Credited as “Ronny Howard”, he portrayed the son of the title character for all eight seasons of the show.
13. In the 1962 film version of The Music Man, Howard played Winthrop Paroo, the child with the lisp; the film starred Robert Preston and Shirley Jones.
14. In the 1970s, he appeared in at least one episode of The Bold Ones, as a teenage tennis player with an illness.
15. Howard appeared on the 1969 Disneyland Records album The Story and Song from the Haunted Mansion.
16. It featured the story of two teenagers, Mike , who get trapped inside the Haunted Mansion.
17. Thurl Ravenscroft plays the Narrator, Pete Reneday plays the Ghost Host, and Eleanor Audley plays Madame Leota.
18. Some of the effects and ideas that were planned but never permanently made it to the attraction are mentioned here: the Raven speaks in the Stretching Room, and the Hatbox Ghost is mentioned during the Attic scene.