1. Sa carrière a inclus succès critique et populaire dans sa jeunesse, followed by a period of substance abuse and legal troubles, and a resurgence of commercial success in middle age.
2. Il a joué comme titre personnage dans le 1992 film Chaplin, qui lui a valu une nomination pour l'Oscar du meilleur acteur et lui a valu le BAFTA du meilleur acteur dans un premier rôle.
3. His character was written out when Downey was fired after two drug arrests in late 2000 and early 2001.
4. After one last stay in a court-ordered drug treatment program, Downey finally achieved sobriety.
5. Beginning in 2008, Downey a commencé dépeignant le rôle de super-héros Marvel Comics Tony Stark / Iron Man dans le Marvel Cinematic Universe, appearing in several films as either the lead role, member of an ensemble cast, or in a cameo.
6. Chacun de ces films a rapporté plus $500 million at the box office worldwide; quatre d'entre eux-The Avengers, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Iron Man 3 and Captain America: Guerre civile -earned sur $1 billion.
7. Downey was born in Manhattan, New York, the younger of two children.
8. His father, a drug addict, allowed Downey to use marijuana at age six, an incident which his father has said he now regrets. Downey later stated that drug use became an emotional bond between him and his father: “When my dad and I would do drugs together, it was like him trying to express his love for me in the only way he knew how.”
9. Eventually, Downey began spending every night abusing alcohol and “making a thousand phone calls in pursuit of drugs”.