1. Julie White is an American actress of film, stage and television.
2. She may be best known for her role as Nadine Swoboda in the television series Grace Under Fire and for her role as Judy Witwicky in the Transformers film series.
3. White was born in the Balboa Naval Hospital in San Diego, California, the daughter of Sue Jane , a therapist, and Edwin White, a dentist. White and her family moved to Austin, Texas, to take up ranching when she was three years old.
4. She started acting in local plays and became a semi-professional at 16.
5. Selepas menamatkan pengajian di sekolah tinggi, she attended Southwest Texas State University and then attended Fordham University as an English major, although she did not graduate.
6. White has been a prolific stage actress, getting her start in regional theatre.
7. She appeared at the off-Broadway Second Stage production of the Theresa Rebeck play Spike Heels with Kevin Bacon and Tony Goldwyn in 1992.
8. Frank Rich wrote: “Julie White makes a far more vivid impression.
9. dalam 2006, she appeared off-Broadway in The Little Dog Laughed by Douglas Carter Beane, playing Diane, a screen agent, yang, as one critic put it, adalah “a Mephistopheles in Manolos”. The show transferred to Broadway in October 2006 with a new cast, including former Grace Under Fire costar Tom Everett Scott.
10. She won the Tony Award for Best Performance by a Leading Actress in a Play for her performance.
11. White joined the show when it launched in 1993 and appeared in the first four seasons.
12. White also appeared on Desperate Housewives as Amanda in the Season Two finale but chose to turn down a recurring role when she was offered the role in The Little Dog Laughed. She plays Judy Witwicky, mother of the main human character Sam Witwicky, in Transformers and its sequels, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen and Transformers: Dark of the Moon.