1. She starred in the Netflix political drama House of Cards as Zoe Barnes and appeared in the Fox TV series 24 as computer analyst Shari Rothenberg.
2. She also appeared in the FX horror miniseries American Horror Story: Murder House in 2011 as Hayden McClaine.
3. Kate Rooney Mara was born and raised in Bedford, New York.
4. She is the daughter of Timothy Christopher Mara, an NFL scout and vice president of the New York Giants for player evaluation, and Kathleen McNulty Mara ; and one younger brother, Conor.
5. Wellington co-owned the Giants football team from 1959 sehingga kematiannya pada 2005, and was succeeded by her uncle, John Mara, who is currently President, Ketua Pegawai Eksekutif, and co-owner of the team.
6. datuk sebelah ibunya, Timothy James “Tim” Rooney, telah menjalankan Yonkers Raceway di Yonkers, New York sejak 1972. Her granduncle, dan Rooney, chairman of the Steelers, was a former United States Ambassador to Ireland and the co-founder of the charitable organization The Ireland Funds.
7. Her first cousin, sekali dikeluarkan, Art Rooney II, is the current President and co-owner of the Steelers.
8. She attended several youth theater-arts schools and appeared in community theater and in school plays.
9. Her first audition was for the NBC police drama Homicide: Kehidupan di Street.
10. She did not get the role but knew from then on that she just wanted to act.
11. Mara graduated from Fox Lane High School a year early and was accepted into the Tisch School of the Arts at New York University to study musical theater, but she eventually deferred her slot to work as an actress.
12. She went on to guest star on numerous television series, including Madigan Men, Ed and Law & Order: Unit Khas Mangsa.
13. Mara landed two recurring roles in 2003, as Kate on Everwood, an 18-year-old who is impregnated by her piano teacher and then gets an abortion, and as Vanessa on Nip/Tuck, a bisexual cheerleader involved in a love triangle with her boyfriend Matt McNamara . Mara also appeared on Cold Case, Boston Public, CSI: Miami, dan CSI: Crime Scene Investigation that same year.