1. She first worked in films as a child, then became a successful Hollywood star as a young adult, receiving three Academy Award nominations before she was 25 years old.
2. After this, she took a break from acting and had two children, appearing in only two theatrical films during the 1970s.
3. She was married to actor Robert Wagner twice, and to producer Richard Gregson.
4. She had one daughter by each husband: Natasha Gregson Wagner and Courtney Wagner.
5. Wood starred in several television productions, incluindo um remake do filme From Here to Eternity pelo qual ela ganhou um Globo de Ouro.
6. During her career from child actress to adult star, her films represented a “coming of age” for both her and Hollywood films in general.
7. Wood was born Natalie Zakharenko in San Francisco, de pais imigrantes ucranianos Maria Stepanovna e Nikolai Stepanovich Zacharenko.
8. My mother used to tell me that the cameraman who pointed his lens out at the audience at the end of the Paramount newsreel was taking my picture.
9. Her mother soon moved the family to Los Angeles and pursued a career for her daughter.
10. She and Lana had an older half sister, Olga Viripaeff, who died in May 2015.