1. Steven Allan Spielberg KBE OMRI é um diretor americano, producer and screenwriter.
2. Spielberg is considered as one of the founding pioneers of the New Hollywood era, as well as being viewed as one of the most popular directors and producers in film history. He is one of the co-founders of DreamWorks Studios.
3. In later years, his films began addressing humanistic issues such as the Holocaust .
4. His other films include Close Encounters of the Third Kind, the Indiana Jones film series, and A.I. Artificial Intelligence.
5. The unadjusted gross of all Spielberg-directed films exceeds $9 billion worldwide, making him the highest-grossing director in history.
6. As a child, Spielberg faced difficulty reconciling being an Orthodox Jew with the perception of him by other children he played with.
7. I was never really ashamed to be Jewish, but I was uneasy at times.” Spielberg also said he suffered from acts of anti-Semitic prejudice and bullying: “In high school, I got smacked and kicked around.
8. His first home movie was of a train wreck involving his toy Lionel trains, then age 12.
9. He said yes, and I got an idea to do a Western.
10. That was how it all started.” At age thirteen, while living in Phoenix, Spielberg won a prize for a 40-minute war film he titled Escape to Nowhere, using a cast composed of other high school friends.
11. That motivated him to make 15 more amateur 8mm films. :548 In 1963, at age sixteen, Spielberg wrote and directed his first independent film, a 140-minute science fiction adventure called Firelight, which would later inspire Close Encounters.