1. He has served as a manager and coach at other clubs as well as the national team of Argentina.
2. Many in the sport, including football writers, former players, current players and football fans, regard Maradona as the greatest football player of all time.
3. In his international career with Argentina, he earned 91 caps and scored 34 goals.
4. A precocious talent, Maradona was given the nickname “El Pibe de Oro” , a name that stuck with him throughout his career.
5. In the 1986 World Cup quarter final, he scored both goals in a 2–1 victory over England that entered football history for two different reasons.
6. The first goal was an unpenalized handling foul known as the “Hand of God”, enquanto o segundo gol seguiu um 60 m driblar cinco jogadores ingleses, voted “The Goal of the Century” by FIFA.com voters in 2002.
7. He was in charge of the team at the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa before leaving at the end of the tournament.
8. He coached Dubai-based club Al Wasl in the UAE Pro-League for the 2011–12 season.
9. Diego Maradona was born on 30 October 1960, Evita no Hospital Policlínica em Lanús, Buenos Aires Province, but raised in Villa Fiorito, a shantytown on the southern outskirts of Buenos Aires, Argentina, to a poor family that had moved from Corrientes Province.
10. He has two younger brothers, Hugo , both of whom were also professional football players.
11. His father took the family name of his mother because his father did not recognise him as his own.
12. At age eight, Maradona was spotted by a talent scout while he was playing in his neighbourhood club Estrella Roja.