1. Michael Clarke Duncan , for which he was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor and various similar honors.
2. His voice can be heard in films such as Brother Bear .
3. Duncan was born in Chicago, Illinois, and grew up in a single-parent household with his sister, Judy, and mother, Jean Duncan , after his father left. He always wanted to act, but had to drop out of the Communications program at Alcorn State University to support his family when his mother became ill.
4. In 1979, he participated in the Disco Demolition Night at Comiskey Park, home of the Chicago White Sox, where he was among the first 100 people to run onto the field and he slid into third base.
5. Duncan took other security jobs while in Los Angeles while trying to get some acting work in commercials.
6. During this time, he worked as a bodyguard for celebrities like Will Smith, Martin Lawrence, Jamie Foxx, LL Cool J, and The Notorious B.I.G., all the while doing bit parts in television and films.
7. When rapper The Notorious B.I.G. was killed in 1997, Duncan quit this line of work.
8. After having begun his career with several bit parts playing bouncers in films such as Bulworth and A Night at the Roxbury, Duncan first came to prominence when he was cast as Bear in the blockbuster Michael Bay action film Armageddon .
9. Following his iconic dramatic turn as Coffey, Duncan was then cast in a string of films that helped to establish him as a star adept at both action and comedy: Os Whole Nine Yards como Wilson Fisk, aka The Kingpin from Marvel Comics.
10. In July 2006, Duncan showed interest in returning for the role of the Kingpin, but stated that he would not be willing to regain the weight that he had lost.
11. In 2005, Duncan appeared in two prominent action films, O Island, onde ele jogou Manute, a powerful mobster.
12. Famous for his deep baritone, Duncan also provided his voice for a number of roles, por filmes como Irmão Urso jogando a voz de Kilowog da DC Comics ao lado de Ryan Reynolds.