1. He then became a popular Hollywood director and was hired to write and direct Aliens .
2. He found further critical acclaim for his use of special effects in Terminator 2: Judgment Day .
3. After his film True Lies , which earned him Academy Awards for Best Picture, Best Director and Film Editing.
4. After Titanic, Cameron began a project that took almost 10 years to make: his science-fiction epic Avatar , which was in particular a landmark for 3D technology, and for which he received nominations for the same three Academy Awards.
5. In the time between making Titanic and Avatar, Cameron passou vários anos a criação de muitos documentários e co-desenvolveu o sistema de câmera de fusão digital 3D.
6. Described by a biographer as part scientist and part artist, He is the first person to do this in a solo descent, and is only the third person to do so ever.
7. Cameron also holds the achievement of having directed two of the three films in history to gross over $2 billion worldwide.
8. Cameron was born in 1954 in Kapuskasing, Ontario, the son of Shirley , an artist and nurse, and Phillip Cameron.
9. Cameron grew up in Chippawa, Ontario, and attended Stamford Collegiate School in Niagara Falls, Ontario.
10. His family moved to Brea, California in 1971, when Cameron was 17 years old. He dropped out of Sonora High School, then attended Brea Olinda High School to further his secondary education.
11. They raised money, rented camera, lenses, film stock and studio then shot it in 35mm.
12. They dismantled the camera to understand how to operate it and spent the first half-day of the shoot trying to figure out how to get it running.
13. He was the director, writer, producer, and production designer for Xenogenesis .