1. Por favor me ajude a melhorá-lo ou discutir estas questões na página de discussão.
2. Beginning her career as a Broadway dancer, Rita Rudner noticed the lack of female comedians in New York City and turned her stage presence to stand-up comedy where she’s flourished for over three decades.
3. Her performance on a variety of HBO specials and numerous appearances on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson, helped establish Rudner as one of the premiere female comics to emerge from the comedy boom of the 1980s.
4. Rudner was born in Miami, Florida, the daughter of Frances, a homemaker, and Abe Rudner, a lawyer.
5. After graduating from high school at 15, Rudner left Miami and headed to New York City to embark on a career as a dancer. She appeared in several Broadway shows, including the now-legendary original productions of Follies and Mack & Mabel.
6. Rudner did not turn to comedy until she was 25, after observing how few female comedians there were compared to the number of female dancers.
7. She spent many hours researching her favorite comedians, including Woody Allen and Jack Benny.
8. She enjoys Jewish humor, but reserves her Jewish jokes for Jewish audiences.
9. Rudner has appeared in several television shows both in the US and the UK , and she appeared often on The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson.
10. She has recorded several award-winning comedy specials, most notably Rita Rudner: Born to Be Mild and Rita Rudner: Married Without Children for HBO and Rita Rudner: Live From Las Vegas for PBS in 2008 .
11. Recentemente, ela apareceu em uma nova peça “ato 3…” ao lado de Charles Shaughnessy no Laguna Playhouse, dirigido por Martin Bergman.
12. Since 2001, Rudner has performed almost exclusively in Las Vegas, vendendo quase dois milhões de bilhetes e tornando-se o show de comédia a solo mais longa duração na história de Las Vegas.
13. She moved to a larger theater at The Venetian in January 2011.
14. She also created and hosted the syndicated improvisational comedy show Ask Rita, which mimicked the format of a talk/advice show.