1. She has been nominated three times for the Academy Award for Best Actress; for An Officer and a Gentleman .
2. She won the National Society of Film Critics Award for Best Actress for Terms of Endearment, and the Tokyo International Film Festival Award for Best Actress for A Dangerous Woman .
3. In 2012, she made her Broadway debut in the original production of the David Mamet play The Anarchist.
4. With time on her hands to think about her life, she decided that, if she recovered, she would move to California and become an actress.
5. The producers had wanted her to appear more often, but she refused, fearing that the role would hurt her fledgling career.
6. This was followed by a guest role in Season 4 of the TV drama Police Woman in 1978.
7. In 1982 she co-starred with Nick Nolte in Cannery Row and with Richard Gere in An Officer and a Gentleman, for which she was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actress.
8. She was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actress twice more: for Terms of Endearment in 1983 and for Shadowlands in 1993, for which she also received her second BAFTA nomination.
9. Her performance in A Dangerous Woman earned a Golden Globe nomination for Best Actress. Sua voz foi usada para o personagem principal do 1982 Steven Spielberg film E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial.
10. Over the years Winger acquired a reputation for being outspoken and sometimes difficult to work with. and several other of her films, and has been dismissive of some of her co-stars and directors.
11. Commenting on her past attitudes, Winger said in 2009, “Most bad behavior comes from insecurity.
12. But in my defense, I never fought about the size of my trailer or things like that; it was always about the work”. When Barbara Walters interviewed Bette Davis in 1986, Davis said “I see a great deal of myself in Debra Winger.”
13. She was going to play Peggy Sue in Peggy Sue Got Married but was forced to back out just before production began when she injured her back in a bicycle accident.
14. The back injury affected her ability to work for a number of months afterward.
15. Winger was cast in the lead role in A League of their Own but dropped out and was replaced by Geena Davis.
16. It was later reported that the main reason Winger chose to leave the film was her refusal to work with singer/actress Madonna. Other starring roles during this period included Legal Eagles, Made in Heaven, Everybody Wins, The Sheltering Sky, Leap of Faith, Black Widow, Betrayed, Wilder Napalm and A Dangerous Woman.