1. Wesley Trent Snipes é um ator americano, film producer and martial artist.
2. He is best known for his role as the Marvel Comics character Blade in the Blade film trilogy.
3. He formed a production company, Amen-Ra Films, in 1991, and a subsidiary, Black Dot Media, to develop projects for film and television.
4. He has been training in martial arts since the age of 12, earning a 5th dan black belt in Shotokan Karate and 2nd dan black belt in Hapkido.
5. He attended the Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing but moved back to Florida before he could graduate.
6. After graduating from Jones High School in Orlando, Snipes returned to New York and attended the State University of New York at Purchase.
7. At the age of 23, Snipes was discovered by an agent while performing in a competition.
8. He made his film debut in the 1986 Goldie Hawn vehicle Wildcats.
9. Later that year, he appeared on the TV show Miami Vice as a drug-dealing pimp in the episode “Streetwise” .
10. That same year, Snipes was also considered for the role of Geordi La Forge in the TV series Star Trek: The Next Generation, but the role eventually went to LeVar Burton.
11. He then played Thomas Flanagan in King of New York opposite Christopher Walken.
12. He played the drug lord Nino Brown in New Jack City, which was written specifically for him by Barry Michael Cooper.
13. He also played a drug dealer in the 1994 film Sugar Hill.
14. In 1998, Snipes had his largest commercial success with Blade, which has grossed over $150 million worldwide.
15. He also received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and an honorary doctorate from his alma mater, SUNY/Purchase.
16. In 2005, Snipes sued New Line Cinema, and David S. Goyer, director of Blade: Trinity, which Snipes also produced.
17. He later appeared in The Contractor, filmed in Bulgaria and the UK, Gallowwalkers, released in 2012, and Game Of Death.